Saturday, February 11, 2006

god...i loved the...

Scene 1:
Jaliawala bagh… “aapka aagyakaari beta…Bhagat Singh…”

Scene 2:
The tricolor is folded and presented to the mom, at the funeral

Scene 3:
The door-bell rings…mom goes to open the door. 2 soldiers with the trunk of her son

Scene 4:
“itna sab ho gaya aur main sirf dekh raha hoon…saala humhaari kuch aukaad nahi hai…”…(cries inconsolably)

Scene 5:
“…sochta hoon ki humhaare bacche kale honge ki gore…”… “hahahahahaha”… (gun shots)…


5 scenes…5 characters…my eyes…my tears…my feelings…my helplessness…

Rang De Basanti…! Rocking…!


I saw it for the 2nd time today…and the emotions are just the same. Such movies are not really movies…they are an experience…an experience that leaves my mind disturbed. I wish I could do something…I want to do something…but feel bound by so many things. It’s so hard to let go…when there is so much attached to you. But then…that is precisely why sacrifice is so hard…!


Suddenly the placements…this MBA…this anxiety and this ‘survival’ seems so trivial…! And yet here I was…preparing bloody cases and taken personal interviews…at times questioning…why…?


At times…it takes a movie to make you realize your worth…or the lack of it…!

God I loved the movie…

Watch it…!

~a

11 comments:

educatedunemployed said...

It is a good movie.True..But its a movie..and if you do want to make a difference then the learn the lessons it teaches..Which is to find your purpose in life and do some thing about it.
And no that placement isn't worthless.I need a well established friend who I can turn to in time of crises.
Oh, and good job of ruining the movie for all those who haven't seen it.*very evil grin*

Anonymous said...

Different times requires different actions and not all required actions are spectacular.

Most of the time it is good to just do what you are doing..

Sure you would be making a good contribution to the society and country in your own way.

As it is, in my opinion, your blog has made a teeny-weeny positive effect to others

Krishna

ankur said...

MG:
thats the tuff part lady...i have learnt the lesson...yet feel bound not to be able to do something abt it. what r the chances tht thr army shall take an overweight kashmiri aged 25...? :)

~a

ankur said...

KG:
agree with u...though the movie forces u to think big...! but yeah..maybe this is jst the start...!

~a

educatedunemployed said...

Didn't mean to be crass in my comment.I can see where your emotions stem from.I am sorry.

ankur said...

hey mere bagwaan...ab yeh apology kahaan se aa gayi..!

anyways...plz chill..my reply wasnt meant to generate this response.

:)

~a

Anonymous said...

Hey Ankur,

Totally agree and relate to your sentiments on the movie. Such movies (count black, Swades ec in it) just make one rethink and relook at and about ourselves. the real goals of our lives . personally help me check myself. honestly , i felt helpless, willing to do a lot , lost as to how to do it , and was proud that such a movie has been made. do you think bollywood is coming of age??
tc
luv
yamini
p.s. hope u remember

ankur said...

hey yams...! :)

u r right..! and u echo my sentiments..!

and definitely...bollywood is kicking some mighty ass nowadays...! keep praying...

~a

Anonymous said...

i believe that mature movies such as these make us realize that our dreams n aspirations (most of them being materialistics)are so trivial compared to the realities of actual practical life. v the privileged ones lead life as though thats how it always shud b. v need to find the time to look at the realities of life.

Anonymous said...

Ankur,

I would recommend you watch a movie called 'Satyakam'. It is a Hrishikesh Mukherjee movie starring Dharmendra and Sanjeev Kumar. The questions raised in 'Rang de Basanti' get bigger when you watch Satyakam.

Suggestion: Watch if after placements...

ankur said...

Anon 1:
True...veru true...!

Anon 2:
Thanks dude..will surely want to watch it..! lets hope it happens sometime very soon...!

~a