Monday, February 13, 2006

love that permeates much beyond a single day...

Never celebrated it…didn’t ever feel the need to…

Never bothered a heck about it…definitely didn’t buy someone a rose for 5K at an auction (and yes…this has happened in front of my own eyes…the very same with which I see…!)

Never thought it was even worth spending 5 microseconds on…there were better…far more important days to consider…


But what the heck…someone (and a marketing genius…would be my best guess)…has created the day…very smartly passed the entire buck onto some St. Valentine (who for all practical purposes was a divorcee…who cares…!)…however has managed (to near perfection) to move an entire generation towards the concept of the same. Impressive…

To this gentleman…and the feeling of love that permeates much beyond a single day…

Happy V Day…!


~a


PS:
  • ISB has an awesome candlelight dinner scheduled for this evening. God damn it…I have my BCG dinner as well…! Career 1st…! :)

  • Except for a few…many shortlists haven’t yet poured in. with placements starting Friday…I expect the new few days to experience a deluge of announcements. Damn my weak heart…!  

6 comments:

Kapil said...

Dude for all I care.. Valentine was schrizophrenic hermaphrodite...It indeed pains me to hear all this noise about a day of celebration of love an all tht jazz..alongwith with shiv sena and bajrang dals demolition derby on the streets .As you pointed out ,it still remains a marketing gimmick..
This compells to think about the power of Marketing....makes me wonder why cant we have a day where everyone could take up a charitable cause...or a day when people would clean the neighbourhood..wouldnt that be of much more concequence.... Imagine .. what all we could achieve...
Wonder..if a billion people stand on Wagah border and decide to take a leak together....I guess it would wash :) away a lot of our problems...includin the K one ....only if some one could market that idea..
Nehws all the best 4 BCG...

educatedunemployed said...

So glad some one sees the light.Enjoy the dinner and do keep us posted.

Amit Samant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amit Samant said...

dude..long time since u posted...may be u r busy with ur placements..ATB for them...
i am a avid reader of ur blog..i like the way u write..sensible thoughts coupled with good sense of humour...keep posting...

ankur said...

Thanks a lot dude. I am kind of busy with the placements...will get back asap..!!

keep reading..!

~a

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.